EVDS commitment to internet privacy
This policy applies solely to personal information collected via EVDS’s on-line resources and communications (such as websites, e-mails and other on-line tools such as e-VDS). Personal information collected using other non-Internet resources and communications are not covered by this policy, except when such personal information is grouped together with personal information collected by EVDS on-line.
The European Veterinary Dental Society, situated at
You can choose not to provide certain information but if you do so, you may not be able to access some of the services and functions we offer.
Collection and use of personal information
The personal information we collect is used to build our relationship with you, communicate with you, inform you and continually improve the service and information we offer you by better responding to your questions and needs, for example by offering you information programmes or services, training or any other service that might interest you, in relation to dentistry.
We are able to collect your personal data when:
- you give us this information voluntarily: you ask us questions by e-mail, when you register on-line with EVDS to become a member of the EVDS, when you want to have secure access to a dedicated space on EVDS website or when your register to e-VDS, the electronic veterinary dental scoring tool. As far as your e-mails are concerned, we need this information to be able to handle your query. It is recorded in our user/member file; you may then be able to exercise the right to access and correct such information with the dedicated EVDS contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information is collected automatically: whenever you contact EVDS, we receive and record certain types of information. Like many other websites, we use “cookies”, in particular, and obtain certain types of information when your browser accesses the EVDS website. This automatic collection is possible when you download or use applications created by EVDS.
Personal information collected in this way by EVDS is important and will only be accessible for EVDS and the persons and organisations that use such personal information solely on behalf of and according to the directives of EVDS.
Your personal information will only be used and disclosed by EVDS and the persons and organisations working for it in accordance with this policy and any other privacy notice applicable, and according to the express authorisations or requirements of the laws, rules and regulations applicable.
Note that EVDS does not sell or pass on your personal information to entities. For the purposes of security and if the law requires this, EVDS reserves the right to disclose personal information about you, including your e-mail address, for notification to government authorities, the parties involved in legal proceedings by order of the competent court or tribunal and otherwise if expressly required or authorised by the law applicable.
Except in the circumstances mentioned in this policy, your personal information will not be shared without your consent and is only used by and for the business purposes of EVDS as explained.
Protection of personal information
We maintain physical and electronic security measures and back-up procedures for the collection, storage and communication of customers’ personal information. Our security procedures may require us to ask you for proof of identity before we can give you your personal information.
It is important to protect yourself from unauthorised access to your computer password. If you share a computer, you must log off after each use. It is your responsibility to protect your own copies of your passwords and log-in details allowing you to access our on-line resources.
Access to your personal information and correction
In compliance with of the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) requirements, anyone who has provided personal information can obtain details of such information and, where applicable, correct or delete it, by contacting email@example.com with the subject header ‘Unsubscribe’.
We also use “cookies” for other purposes, particularly for:
- identifying you when you log on to our website. This allows us to provide you with product recommendations, display personalised content, recognise you and offer you personalised functions and services;
- provide content, including advertising, related to your interests;
- carry out research and diagnoses to improve our content, products and services;
- improve security
Links to other websites
EVDS may revise this policy from time to time and reserves the right to amend this privacy statement or add or remove parts of it at its discretion.
Any change we decide to make to this policy will be displayed on this website, so you will always be able to check what information we collect, how we might use such information and whether or not we will share it with any other entity.
How to contact us
The European Veterinary Dental Society, situated at 21 Station Road, Studley, Warwickshire, B80 7HR, UK